Oscar's famous croissants are now available frozen to take home. You will be surprised to see how easy it is to bake real French pastries at home without any hassle, just follow the easy instructions provided below.
Baking our croissants
1. Defrost the croissants overnight in the fridge, or for 1-2 hours, at room temperature, until they become soft.
2. Lay baking paper on a baking tray and place the croissants on the tray allowing enough space in between for each one to rise. They will need to become 2- 3 times bigger than they were when frozen.
3. Place the tray in the oven, set the oven at 25 to 30°C, (NO FAN ), lightly sprinkle some water on the croissants as the moisture will help them to rise more easily. Rising will take 1 to 2 hours depending on your oven setting. Each time you open the oven door, it is a good idea to sprinkle some more water on them to make sure they are not too dry on the surface.
4. Once the croissants reach 2- 3 times bigger than their frozen size, gently brush on some egg wash (whisked egg) and set the oven to 190°C fan forced.
5. Bake them for around 20 minutes until they are a golden-brown colour. For a flakier finish, leave them in a little longer- until they have a deep dark colour.
6. Once the croissants are fully baked, transfer them onto a cooling tray. Leave them for 10 minutes before you enjoy your croissants.
Wheat Flour, butter, milk, yeast, salt, sugar, and improver.